This service is for the Nintendo 3DS only, not for 3DS XL. Click on the following links to order repair service for the original Nintendo DS
, DS Lite DSi
, DSi XL, or 3DS XL.
For one flat fee, we cover the parts and labor for these common 3DS problems.
- Charging socket is damaged (you can often see the damage inside the power port)
- L and/or R shoulder buttons are not responsive (also called triggers or bumpers)
- Won't read games (sometimes you can see bent pins inside.)
- When charging, the charging light flashes once briefly then goes off. The 3DS will not power on (no power light, no screens).
- When charging, the charging light comes on and stays on for a while, but the 3DS will not power on (no power light, no screens).
- touch screen (lower) does not respond correctly to tap of stylus pen
- problems with image on lower screen (lower LCD cracked or damaged)
If the hinge is broken but your system still works perfectly, check the hinge/shell box.
If the upper screen is not showing the image properly, and that is the only problem, check Top LCD.
If the hinge or shell are broken, and the upper screen doesn't work or look right, but the hinge is not completely severed, we may not have to replace the camera, wifi antenna and 3D/speaker. Check "hinge & upper screen." If those parts do end up being damaged, we will contact you about any extra charge.
If the upper half of the 3DS is completely separated from the bottom half or the wires are all exposed and damaged, check the "severed" box. We will need to replace the shell, upper LCD, camera, 3D/speaker, wifi antenna, and hinge axle.
If your system has been water-damaged, we may be able to repair it. If not, we will contact you about a partial refund, usually about half.
If your motherboard has fractures or too many damaged circuits to repair, we will contact you about a partial refund, usually about half. This is rare.
If you have any questions about our 3DS repair service, or have symptoms other than what is described above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To order our professional 3DS repair service, place this item in your cart and proceed to checkout. Make sure to follow these instructions:
- Describe the symptoms/issues you have with your system in the comments box at checkout.
- Print out a copy of the order confirmation at conclusion of checkout and include it in your shipment.
- Send your system to our repair center (address below). You are responsible for this cost. The cost of return shipping once repair is complete will be added at checkout.
The Nintendo Repair Shop
6104 Westgate Rd. Suite 130
Raleigh, NC 27617-4619
Please do NOT send in the original box or any case, games, stylus, charger, or other items that we might lose. We suggest you pad with bubble wrap and send in a small box for safety. Please do NOT just throw it in a bubble mailer.